Frequently Asked Questions
Q - What is the difference between flower, gem, and environmental essences?
- Flower Essences awaken and strengthen positive qualities of consciousness within, enabling us to live our lives with increased awareness and understanding.
- Gem Elixirs help us fully embody changes in consciousness that are catalyzed by the use of flower essences. They stabilize and restructure the energy field so that our physical bodies can maintain balance as our consciousness grows and expands.
- Environmental Essences provide the potent qualities of energy we need to create and sustain change at the core level of our beings.
Q - How are they made?
A - All of our essences are made using the sun infusion process. In this process, the healing pattern of the flower, mineral, or aspect of the environment is transferred into water, which is then preserved and diluted.
Q - Are vibrational essences safe? Who can take them?
A - They may be safely used by people (and animals) of all ages. They are very stable and do not interfere with (nor are they influenced by) other forms of treatment, such as homeopathic remedies or prescription medications.
Q - Will I experience any harmful side-effects from taking them?
A - No. Occasionally essences will allow suppressed energies to come up into your awareness, so its possible to feel unsettled for a few days as these energies are released. This is actually a sign that you have allowed a positive shift to take place at a deep level.
Q - Why do you use alcohol as a preservative?
A - Our responsibility to our customers is to insure that our products will maintain their integrity and effectiveness until they are used up. Our essences contain organic, biodynamic, Demeter certified brandy at a percentage that creates a non-growth medium in the stock bottle.
Q - Can people with alcohol sensitivities take the essences?
A - Yes. There are several things that an alcohol sensitive person can do that will reduce the amount of alcohol they ingest to an insubstantial amount:
- Take the essences you have chosen to use at the dosage level. Full instructions are available here.
- Add 4 drops from your dosage bottle to a tea cup and pour in boiling water before adding the tea bag.
- Or, add the drops to a large container of juice or water and sip during the day.
- You can also cook with the essences as heat will not render them ineffective.
- And, you can use the essences topically or add them to your bath water.
Q - How can I find the right essence(s) for me?
A - You can choose essences for yourself or have a qualified therapist select them for you. Choosing your own essences is a wonderful opportunity to let your intuition shine! The most important requirements for self-selection are clarity of intention and trust. So set a clear intention and trust your results.
Q - How many essences should I take at one time? Is there a limit to how many essences I should put in a dosage bottle?
A - Its not so much a question of how many essences, but how many issues you are trying to address in one dosage cycle. It is more effective to take five or six essences for one issue than to take one essence for each of five or six different issues. Create a clear intention for your formula based on the one challenge or issue that is a priority for you at this time.
Q - Can I blend different kinds of essences together in the same dosage bottle, or essences from different companies?
A - Yes! Essence combining is an art that takes practice, but when you skillfully blend different kinds of essences and essences from different companies you create a synergistic formula that can bring support to you on many levels.
Q - Are your essences homeopathic?
A - Our essences are not homeopathic. The preparation procedure is completely different as is the dilution scheme.
Q - Do your essences contain gluten?
A - No, our essences are gluten free.
Q - What happens if I take the wrong essence?
A - If you take an essence that you don’t need, nothing happens.
Q - Can your essences be harmed by the x-ray machines found in airports?
A - No. The essences are extremely stable and are not affected in any way by these machines.
Q - How long do your essences last?
A - We are required by the FDA to put an “expiration” date of 10 years from the date of manufacture on our labels. However, when stored correctly, our essences will last until they are used up.
Q - How should my essences be stored?
A - Store your essences in a cool, dark place away from any strong odors. In other words, don’t store them with essential oils, soaps, and other beauty products that have a strong scent. Essences stored near strong odors will still work, but they will taste like what they were stored next to.