Practitioner Training Program
The Practitioner Training program starts January 26th with Level 1! Please read all information below before you sign up. Not sure if this is the class for you? Contact us and we will answer all your questions.
If you want to learn the important basics about selecting and using essences for yourself, Level 1 is for you. If you want to expand your knowledge and become a Flower Essence Practitioner we are also offering Levels 2 and 3. After the completion of Levels 1, 2 and 3, you are eligible to complete the Flower Essence Practitioner Certification Program. Please read all information below.
Level 1: Learning to use Flower Essences (scroll down for content)
* During four pre-recorded videos and four online live Zoom classes you will learn how to improve your well-being by using flower essences. You will receive a link to the pre-recorded videos (+ hand-outs) one week before each live Zoom class. You can watch these at your own pace as often as you like.
* During the live classes, we will discuss the content from the videos and additional teachings. Plus, we’ll share our experiences and have time for inspiring conversation, Q&A and nature attunement exercises.
* There is time between classes to study the essences, experience using flower essences for yourself, practice selection methods, and process your experiences between classes.
Practical details Level 1
- 2024 Zoom Class dates: Friday, January 26, February 16, March 8, and March 29.
- Depending on the number of people who sign up, we may also open a Thursday class (same weeks). Contact us if you’d prefer to participate on a Thursday.
- Classes start at 10:00 am Mountain time (8:00 am Alaska; 9:00 am Pacific; 11:00 am Central; 12:00 pm Eastern; 5:00 pm UK; 6:00 pm Europe). Each live class lasts approximately 2 hours.
- Early bird price before January 10th 2024 $275. Regular price $325.
- Prerequisite for Level 1: a curious mind! And be present during the Zoom online classes. We understand that life happens and that sometimes you cannot make the scheduled class time, but please watch the video recordings to stay engaged with the class.
- If you’d like to continue after Level 1 to become a Flower Essence Practitioner, you can join us in Levels 2 and 3.
- Level 2 'How to work as a Flower Essence Practitioner' is to be held in Fall 2024. Prerequisite: Successful completion of Level 1. Investment: $275.
- Level 3 'Deepening your Practitioner Skills' will be held in Winter 2024/2025. Investment $275. Prerequisite: Successful completion of Levels 1 and 2.
- Scroll down for more info about the content of Level 1, 2 and 3.
Can't attend live? If you already know you can't attend the live classes, then please do not register for this class as we want to save room for students who can attend live. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you'd like to work with edited recordings or when new classes/dates are coming up. Need to miss one class? That's okay, you can catch up with the recording.
Your questions are important! There will be time during each class for you to ask questions. If you have questions between classes, please email us. If your questions are relevant to the entire class, we will answer them at the beginning of the following class.
* All our flower, gem and environmental essence sets, Combination Formulas & Sprays will be offered to you at a 25% discount during the training. Practical details on how to get this discount will be explained in the first class.
* We recommended that you purchase a flower essence kit to use at home so you can begin working with essences for yourself.
* PLUS You will receive free lifetime access to our interactive online repertory the LivingBook! The LivingBook replaces the book The Essence of Healing by Steve Johnson, which is out of print.
Optional: Flower Essence Practitioner Certification requires that you complete the entire training (all three levels) AND a set of comprehensive homework assignments and case studies. After we have approved your work, we will certify you as Flower Essence Practitioner and you will receive your certificate. The certification process is optional. The reading fee for certification is $175.
What you will learn in Level 1, 2 and 3:
Level 1 – Learning to use Flower Essences (January-March 2024)
* Learn the basics of flower essence therapy and how you can use these empowering remedies to enhance your life-journey;
* Discover Alaska's beautiful and wild environment, and learn how its elemental energies contribute to the quality uniqueness of the essences;
* Gain the confidence to choose and use essences for yourself, and learn how to make an effective essence blend;
* Acquire a clear understanding of the energetic differences between flower, gem and environmental essences; understand the healing qualities of flower, gem and environmental essences;
* Familiarize yourself with the mindful process of attuning to Nature and the Alaskan Essences;
* Learn how essences can help you manage stress and life's many challenges;
* Gain insights about yourself, including how emotional patterns and belief systems can restrict your access to joy and well-being:
* Learn about the Alaskan Essences that help balance emotions and thoughts so you can more easily find and maintain inner peace;
* Learn how to use the essences in fun and practical ways to enliven daily routines;
* Discover the importance of feeling at home on the Earth and uncovering your life-purpose, and learn how essences help you align with your Inner Being and the Earth to support you in manifesting with more joy and ease.
Level 2 – How to work as a Flower Essence Practitioner (Fall 2024)
* Learn the basics of becoming a flower essence practitioner and become competent and confident in selecting essences for others;
* Setting up a consultation and determine what works for you, your clients and your practice;
* Understanding true healing and how essences support us;
* Discover how essences balance our vertical and horizontal alignment; where to start and which essences to use;
* What to expect when taking essences: how to deal with a ‘healing crisis,’ and understanding that flower essence therapy is a journey and not a quick-fix;
* Learn about the energetics of working with people and how to hold space for your client;
* Holding a sustainable and healthy space for yourself;
* Discover how your outside world mirrors your inside world, and how this insight combined with essences can empower you to make changes in your life;
* Deepening your attunement with Nature;
* Ethics for working with clients, the do’s and don’ts;
Level 3 – Deepening your practitioner skills (Winter 2024/2025)
* Deepening your skills as a flower essence practitioner through group discussion;
* Learn how essences can be used to recover from (childhood) trauma;
* Other ways to use the essences to support you and your clients;
* Space Clearing: using essences in a simple and thorough approach to clear and enhance your living and workspace;
* Working with animals (when to use essences and when to refer elsewhere), how animals mirror their people;
* Consciously working with the Law of Attraction to get out of your way and manifest more easily what you want;
* Build a practice that will sustain you and find your own unique way;
* What your clients teach you, why you are both on a journey;
* Deepening your research skills (participate in the research of new essences).
Homework and Certification
We will assign homework to provide you with the opportunity to acquire greater mastery over your essence work. The assignments will help you:
- Deepen your knowledge about the essences;
- Improve your skills and deepen your intuition when choosing essences for yourself and others;
- Strengthen your ability to attune to nature, plants and the mineral kingdom;
- Heighten your learning and research skills for new essences;
We encourage you to use essences yourself and to document your experiences. Some of it will be part of the certification requirement.
You will also participate in our ongoing research for new essences. This will help develop your attunement and research skills. And, it will be fun!
Note: completing the certification process after the training is a personal choice, but it is a great opportunity to apply the knowledge you gained and to integrate it and make it your own. By successfully completing all of the requirements of our certification program you will firmly anchor a foundation for your work as a flower essence practitioner. The time and focus required to complete the program is considerable, but we feel that the benefits are worth the effort, as they will lead you to a deeper understanding of yourself, the Alaskan essences, and the process and potential of flower essence therapy.
Certain homework assignments will be part of the certification process. All assignments need to be completed and sent in within 12 months after Level 3 ended. (more details will be given during the training)
About the teacher ~ Judith Poelarends, M.Sc.
My roots are in the Netherlands where I was born and raised, and where I became an animal and nature lover. I trained and certified as a flower essence practitioner with Bram Zaalberg of Bloesem Remedies Nederland. The one-year class and additional certification process was a major turning point in my life. I learned so much about myself, including who I really am and what I am supposed to be doing here on this planet. Through Bram, I met Steve Johnson, the founder of Alaskan Essences. Steve and I eventually married, and during our life together I helped him facilitate practitioner trainings and other classes, and in the summers we made essences together in Alaska. I didn't know that I was being trained and prepared to continue his important life work. When Steve passed away in March 2017, I became the director of Alaskan Essences.
I am inspired to bring the Alaskan Essences into the world and to teach about essences because I want to help others. I want others to know how easy it is to work with flower essences. I especially want others to experience the empowering and healing qualities of the essences in their lives. Essences helped me find the confidence to make major decisions in my life. They continue to support me on my life's journey, and they help me feel more comfortable and safe on this earth. I am excited to spread the word about the healing power of Nature and the way we can access this healing support by using flower essences.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What students say:
"I've been using flower essences for over 20 years, and this course has been incredibly valuable to me. It has increased my depth of understanding. I really valued the interactions with not only with the instructor but also the other students. I also appreciated the extended time frame that allowed me to put the information into practice at each stage. This is not the kind of learning that can be rushed through with mere memorization, but must be experienced." M.N. California
"I'm so grateful that I was able to take the Alaskan Essence Practitioner course. I originally was just going to take the Level 1 part of the program. After taking the first course I wanted to know more. Judith provides a wealth of information on flower essence. The information from start to finish has a consistent flow. She delivers the information in a very caring way with humor mixed throughout. The group setting and discussions are wonderful, they reinforce all the positive ways that flower essence can make a difference in our lives. Even if you are not planning on becoming a Flower Essence Practitioner, I highly recommend taking all three courses. The value, gifts and gems of information that you'll take away are just amazing!" A.N. California
"I want to thank you for inviting us on such a beautiful journey. When I look back, I realize how much I experienced and softened my heart. I am happy to know that I will continue this journey with all the Alaskan essences I have at home. Thank you for sharing your love with us." M.L. Canada
"Thank you for being such an inspiring guide and teacher on this journey. To learn about the Alaskan Essences has also been a dream of many decades and I’m so honored to be a part of your circle." F.M. Kentucky
"Thank you again for the wonderful class. I appreciate the pace of the class with time in between for personal integration. It has been great to join together as a group and with the Devas of all the essences, especially during this chaotic time of great change." L.D. California
"I very much appreciate the chance to get to know other participants, hear their thoughts and experiences. I know the others come from very diverse backgrounds so it is wonderful to be able to receive from them. And, the most thrilling and instrumental part of the program for me is you~ your teaching, your vast experience with the essences, healing and life in general… everything you bring to our coursework is wonderful in it’s depth and breadth and I appreciate it very much." L.V. Arizona
"Thank you for the Alaskan Essence Practitioner Program. It has been a wonderful experience and I have learnt so much, which will be so helpful for me and others (human and animal). It has definitely been worth getting up in the middle of the night for! Thank you for continuing Steve's work with this amazing system of essences." A.L. New Zealand
"Thank you for the classes, they are simply wonderful. I am very much enjoying the line of essences; I wish I could meet you in Alaska! I hope you understand that the legacy of Steve and the work you are doing is so very important and such a high vibration. Makes me feel so happy! Thank you for the work you do." I.K. California
"I absolutely love the series!! … Everything is presented beautifully, and your words (and wording) are very thoughtful. .. Thank you again for creating and teaching this series!" A.N. California
"Thank you so much, I have been a certified practitioner for a few years but kept being guided to your training but have never been in a space to do it live. I was so happy you offered it virtual, I love your take on them and is exactly what I was missing in terms of speaking to the spiritual side of the essences." J.J. Maryland
"I would like to personally thank you sharing your passion, love and Steve’s love as well. There we’re many times that I felt his presence and how deeply you love him and miss him. What a gift and blessing you are to the world. It is through you his legacy will continue to help and bless this world, Thank You for the bottom of my heart for all you do each and every day." P.A. Colorado